Michael Kelly Custom Collection Element 5 Burl
The Custom Collection Element 5 bass was designed for players who prefer a modernized take on a classic. The basic body lines might look familiar, but the MK designers took liberties to enhance comfort and playability. You can select from three different top woods, each accented with black hardware. What makes this bass special is far deeper than the striking appearance. We carefully selected each detail and spec to deliver a great bass for stage or studio.
The pickups, controls, and electronics are another area where we did extensive testing and enhancements to get a great result. The pickups were developed specifically for the MK Element bass line by Rockfield and they have an over-wound classic pickup sonic performance. We blend that with our newly-developed Element Active Circuit that has been carefully tweaked to provide a modern sonic profile.
Also key to our design was allowing excellent user customization potential using the onboard controls. Those controls include offering you a stacked tone pot with separate treble and bass controls. There is also a blend via a blend knob to sweep from one pickup to the other or varying degrees of each. Also included is a bypass switch allowing you to go from active to a very vintage passive tone with a quick click.
Finally, to add to the comfort of this bass we built it using Red Cedar. This wood from the mahogany family is a great tonewood that allowed us to deliver the powerful sound that we were committed to. However it is a lighter weight wood which allowed us to reduce the overall instrument weight. This was something that had been requested by players and the careful combination of the woods and other design aspects makes the Custom Collection Element bass especially comfortable to play.
There are many important aspects of the Custom Collection Element bass. Take a closer look and get your hands on one.
- CCE5ZEB Zebraburst
- CCE5EB Striped Ebony
- CCE5BUB Burl
- Top: Burl | Striped Ebony | Zebrawood (varies by model)
- Body: Lightweight Indonesian Mahogany
- Construction: Bolt-on
- Neck: Rock Maple
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Fretboard Radius: 9.5 INCH / 241 mm
- Number of Frets: 21
- Inlays: Gray Dots
- Headstock: MK 3+2 Straight String-Pull
- Scale Length 35"
- Truss Rod Type Double Adjustable
- Neck Width: 12th fret - 68mm
21st fret - 77mm
- Neck Thickness: 1st Fret - 20mm
12th fret - 23.5mm
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 44.75mm
- Boutique Mod: Full Control Mod: Master Volume, Pickup Blend, Stacked Tone (bass tone and treble tone)
- Electronics: Element Active Circuit with passive bypass toggle switch
- Neck Pickup: Rockfield® 5SW (voiced specifically for the Element bass)
- Bridge Pickup: Rockfield® 5SW (voiced specifically for the Element bass)
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Tuning Keys: MK Die Cast
- Bridge Type: MK Stealth Attack Bridge System
- Internal Aluminum Bridge Block - for added sustain and tone
- Comfort neckjoint- shaped for added access